Chattanooga Intelect Mobile 2 Combo
Intelect® Mobile 2 Combo - The new generation Chattanooga Intelect Therapeutic Ultrasound and 2 Channel Electrotherapy Device.
The Intelect® Mobile 2 Combo is a combined ultrasound therapy system with 2 channel electrotherapy stimlation used with or without an optional Cart. The Therapy Cart has the option of installing a Vacuum Therapy module for use with the stimulation currents.
The Intelect Mobile 2 Combo offers dual frequency Ultrasound - 1 and 3 MHz, with Pulsed and continuous duty cycles (10%, 20%, 50% & 100%) available.
For Electrotherapy treatments, 5 waveforms are included: Interferential (2 pole and 4 pole), VMS Muscle Stimulation, High Volt, Asymmetric biphasic TENS and Symmetric biphasic TENS.
Supplied with a 5cm² ultrasound applicator with additional optional heads available.
Guidelines for treatment areas are available on the user interface.
Coupling detection can be monitored either audibly (set to on as default) or visually by the LED on the back of the
applicator, treatment time indicator will stop when head is uncoupled so the of amount of ultrasound treatment delivered during the time period is accurately measured and reproducible.
This equipment is to be used only under the prescription and supervision of a licensed medical practitioner.
High resolution 7” capacitive touch screen for access to intuitive user interface and extensive anatomical library. Suggestions for the placement of electrodes and areas for ultrasound applicator placement are in easy to use and find guidelines. The touch screen also gives real time information as to the progress of the individual treatment and a summary after treatment ends.
New contemporary ergonomic modern design to fit in any therapy clinic, but versatile enough with the integral option of the battery to make the device simple and convenient to use in the patients own home.
Lightweight device with an ergonomically designed handle and optional integral battery, eliminating the need to carry mains wires on home visits. Optional custom carry case available for transporting the device safely and securely.
Intelect® Mobile 2 was designed to be compliant with IEC 60601-1-11 and can be used for treatment in the patients
own home as well as the therapist clinic, giving flexibility and versatility for both clinician and patient alike.
The Intelect Mobile 2 has built in suggested protocols based on currently available clinical evidence, the user can also write and store custom protocols which can be stored with a specific ID or treatment.
Optional cart with storage drawers ensuring all accessories are convenient and easy to reach from the device, large wheels allow the cart and device to be moved easily around the clinic. Add in the option of the vacuum unit to allow the use of vacuum in electrotherapy (optional Therapy Cart required for the optional Vacuum module).
- Intelect Mobile 2 Combo
- 5cm² Ultrasound Treatment Head
- Patient Stim Lead Wires
- Carbon Rubber Electrodes
- Self Adhesive Electrodes
- Chattanooga Straps for Carbon Electrodes
- Mains Cable
- Small Bottle of Ultrasound Transmission Gel
- Compliant with IEC 60601-1-11
- High resolution 7 Inch touch screen
- On board memory and software upgrade feature
- Informative lights around the connection points
- Evidence Based Suggested Protocol Settings (SPS)
- 1 and 3MHz, pulsed or continuous duty cycles (10%, 20%, 50% & 100%)
- 5cm² ultrasound head supplied as standard
- 1 & 2 cm² ultrasound heads available as an option
- Audible and visual coupling detection with treatment pause when head becomes uncoupled to ensure treatment time is actual delivery time of ultrasound
- 5 Wave Forms For Combo Use Interferential (2-pole and 4-pole), VMS Muscle Stimulation (NMES), High Volt, Asymmetric Biphasic TENS And Symmetric Biphasic TENS
- Fully Functional 1 and 3 Mhz Ultrasound and 2 Channels Of Stimulation
- Symptomatic Relief of Chronic Pain (1) (TENS)
- Management of Post-operative Pain (2) (TENS)
- Muscle Re-education (3) (NMES)
- Increasing Local Blood Spply (4) (NMES)
- Relaxation Of Muscle Spasms (5) (NMES)
- Maintaining/increasing Range Of Motion (6) (NMES)
- Relief of pain from muscle spasm (7) (Ultrasound)
- Relief of pain from joint contracture (8) (Ultrasound)
- Relief of pain associated with ligament (9) (Ultrasound)
- Sprains, tendinitis and muscle spasm (10) (Ultrasound)
- Input: 100-240V AC, 1.0 to 0.42A, 50/60 Hz
- Electrical Class: Class II
- Mode of Operation: Continuous
- Weight (Without Optional Battery): 3.1kg
- Optional Cart Weight: 10.1kg (with Vacuum 11.5kg)
- Cart Safe Working Load: 6.5kg
- Conformity: This device complies with the applicable standards EN/IEC 60601-1 and 60601-1-11, CAN/CSA-C22.2 No.601.1, UL Std. No 60601-1
- Classification according to MDD: Class IIa device 93/42 60601-1
- Legal manufacturer: DJO France SAS - CE 2797
- Dimensions: 34cm Wide, 35.5cm Deep, 15cm High
EVIDENCE FOR KEY INDICATIONS
- (1) The effectiveness of transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation in the management of patients with complex regional pain syndrome: A randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled prospective
study. Bilgili A, Çakır T, Doğan ŞK, Erçalık T, Filiz MB, Toraman F Nov 2016
- (2) Comparison of the Effect of Sensory-Level and Conventional Motor-Level Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulations on Quadriceps Strength After Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Prospective Randomized
Single-Blind Trial. Yoshida Y, Ikuno K, Shomoto K.Dec 2017
- (3) Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation Superimposed on Movement Early after ACL Surgery. Labanca L, Rocchi JE, Laudani L, Guitaldi R, Virgulti A, Mariani PP, Macaluso A. Mar 2018
- (4) A randomised controlled trial of electrostimulation effects on effussion, swelling and pain recovery after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: a pilot study. Ediz L, Ceylan MF, Turktas U, Yanmis I, Hiz O Oct 2011
- (5) A promising approach to effectively reduce cramp susceptibility in human muscles: a randomized, controlled clinical trial. Behringer M, Moser M, McCourt M, Montag J, Mester J. Apr 2014
- (6) Effect of electrical stimulation to long head of biceps in reducing gleno humeral subluxation after stroke. Manigandan JB, Ganesh GS, Pattnaik M, Mohanty P.Jan 2014
- (7) Thermal ultrasound decreases tissue stiffness of trigger points in upper trapezius muscles. Draper DO, Mahaffey C, Kaiser D, Eggett D, Jarmin J. Apr 2010
- (8) Overview of Therapeutic Ultrasound Applications and safety considerations. Miller,D., Smith, N., Bailey, M., Czarnota, G., Hynynen, k., & Makin I 2012
- (9) A comparison of the effectiveness of low, moderate and high dose ultrasound therapy applied in the treatment of myofascial pain syndrome. Modern Rheumatology 24, 2014.
- (10) Efficacy of Therapeutic Ultrasound in Pain and Joint Mobility in Whiplash Traumatic Acute and Subacute Phases. Ruiz-Molinero C, Jimenez-Rejano JJ, Chillon-Martinez R, Suarez-Serrano C, Rebollo-Roldan J, Perez-Cabezas V Sep 2014
- Interferential - Traditional 4 Pole - Interferential Current is a medium frequency waveform. Current is distributed through two channels (four electrodes). The currents cross each other in the body at the area requiring treatment. The two currents interfere with each other at this crossing point, resulting in a
modulation of the intensity (the current intensity increases and decreases at a regular frequency).
- Interferential Premodulated - Traditional 2 Pole - Premodulated Current is a medium frequency waveform. Current comes out of one channel (two electrodes). The current intensity is modulated: it increases and decreases at a regular frequency (the Amplitude Modulation Frequency).
- VMS - VMS NMES is a symmetrical biphasic waveform with a 100 µsec interphase interval. Because the pulse is
relatively short, the waveform has a low skin load, making it suitable for applications requiring high intensities, such as in muscle strengthening protocols.
- TENS Asymmetrical Biphasic - The Asymmetrical Biphasic waveform has a short pulse duration. It is capable of strong stimulation of the nerve fibers in the skin as well as of muscle tissue. This waveform is often used in TENS devices. Because of its short pulse, the patient typically tolerates the current well, even at relatively high intensities.
- TENS Symmetrical Biphasic - The Symmetrical Biphasic waveform has a short pulse duration and is capable of strong stimulation of nerve fibers in the skin and in muscle. This waveform is often used in portable muscle stimulation units, and some TENS devices.
- HVPC - The High Voltage Pulsed Current has a very brief pulse duration characterized by two distinct peaks delivered at high voltage. The waveform is monophasic (current flows in one direction only). The high voltage causes a decreased skin resistance making the current comfortable and easy to tolerate.