Chattanooga Cefar TENS
The Cefar TENS is a 2 channel stimulator used by patients at home and therapists in clinics to provide electrical stimulation treatments in pain management (TENS) and neuro muscular stimulation (EMS/NMES).
Chattanooga’s Cefar TENS is our next generation of handheld TENS device, building on the established technology of the Primo Pro with added features to combine TENS and NMES treatments in one portable unit.
Intended for use by both healthcare professionals and patients, the Cefar TENS combines TENS with NMES to bring pain relief and muscle rehabilitation from the clinic to the home. Patients can begin treatment with the device in a clinical environment under the supervision of a healthcare professional, before continuing their rehabilitation in the comfort of their own home.
Simple and easy to use, with a range of compliance features, patients can be confident about taking their treatment into their own hands while their clinician can easily set parameters and monitor their progress.
For healthcare professionals this equals faster recovery times and shorter stays for patients1, less pressure on resources, and less use of analgesics, therefore patients can benefit from reduced pain, increased mobility, and greater independence.
Altogether, Cefar TENS is more than just a pain machine.
- Symptomatic relief and management of chronic, intractable pain
- Adjunctive treatment for post-surgical and post-trauma acute pain
- Relief of pain associated with arthritis
- Retarding or preventing disuse atrophy
- Maintaining or increasing range of motion
- Re-educating muscles
- Increasing local blood circulation
- P1 - Gate Control HF 80Hz
- P2 - Burst LF 2 Hz
- P3 - Gate Control HF 80Hz Mod
- P4 - Gate Control HF 80Hz Sens
- P5 - Mix 80Hz/2Hz Han
- P6 - Neuromodulation LF 10Hz
- P7 - HF Flow Tens
- P8 - Endorphinic LF 5Hz
- P9 - Gate Control HF 100Hz
- P10 - NMES Muscle Stim 50Hz
- P11-P15 Custom programs
- Mains rechargeable Lithium Polymer battery: Plug your device directly to the mains plug to charge the battery. Fast and complete charge in less than 90 minutes with a battery life of 6 to 10 hours treatment depending on parameters used.
- 1+1 Function: The Cefar TENS stimulator features 2 independent channels that can be managed separately. Users can select either the same program on both channels, or 2 different programs to be used simultaneously, allowing a combination of NMES and TENS in one treatment. This means patients can rehabilitate the affected area while reducing the associated pain, resulting in a more comfortable and effective treatment.
- Compliance: Keep track of patients' home treatments by monitoring how many hours of usage since the device was reset, along with total device usage.
- Acupuncture mode*: When connected to acupuncture needles, Cefar TENS can be used to deliver electroacupuncture (EA) treatment. As EA has been shown to be particularly effective in the reduction of pain, this provides a further, more benficial option for patients to reduce their discomfort. *Clinician use only. Acupuncture needles not supplied.
- Model: Cefar TENS
- MDD: Class IIa
- IP class: IP22
- Applied part: Type BF
- Battery: Lithium Polymer (Li-Po) rechargeable battery (3.7V 1500 mAh)
- Weight: 156g
- Dimensions: 132 x 60 x 24 mm
- Outputs: Two independent and individually adjustable channels that are electrically isolated from each other
- Pulse shape: Constant asymmetric rectangular current with pulse compensation for TENS programs to eliminate any direct current component to prevent residual polarisation at skin level. Symmetric for P10 NMES Program
- Maximum pulse intensity: 99.5 mA in Constant Current mode or 99 V in Constant Voltage mode for neurostimulation. 30 mA for electroacupuncture
- Pulse intensity increments: Manual adjustment of stimulation intensity from 0 to 99 mA in minimum increments of 0.5 mA for Constant Current Mode, 0 to 99 V in 1 V increments for Constant Voltage mode for electrostimualtion (5V for first step). 0.1 mA – 30mA steps 0.1 mA for electroacupuncture
- Pulse width: 60 to 400 μs
- Frequency: 1-120 Hz
- Maximum electrical charge per pulse: 80 micro coulombs (2 × 40 μC, compensated)
- Warranty: 3 Years